Local Diabetic Resources
YOU are the MOST important member of your Diabetes Care Team.
Diabetes cannot be cured, but with a proactive health plan, it can be successfully managed. In addition to the info and resources below, St. James Parish Hospital offers FREE Diabetic Support Group Meetings monthly. CLICK HERE
to view our calendar.
Take an active role in your care.
- Set personal goals
- Know your numbers
- Ask questions
- Have a care plan
Create a personalized a Care Plan.
- Determine a plan for how and when to check your blood sugar
- Make a schedule for when to take your diabetic medications
- Create a schedule for regular health check-ups
- Create a meal plan
- Create a physical activity plan
- Determine and implement stress-relief activities
- Create a timeline and plan for meeting other health goals
- Education Coordinator
- Dietary Director
- Lutcher Family Clinic*
- St. James West Bank Clinic*
- Poché Medical Clinic*
- Wound Care Clinic*
- St. James Surgical Specialists*
- St. James Urology Clinic*
- Podiatry/Specialty Clinics
- St. James Urgent Care
- Emergency Room
*Departments of St. James Parish Hospital