Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8 (for school year 2023-2024) to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students learn life-saving skills such as how to rescue someone who’s choking, and helpful information like what to do if there’s severe weather. The lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use CPR manikins to practice choking rescue and CPR. Learn more.
- Classes are held in the Medical Plaza Community Room (located next to the hospital)
- Each class is two days 8:30am-3:30pm (both days are required)
- Cost of Class = $50 (exact cash or check written to St. James Parish Hospital). No refunds. In the event a student cannot attend, a voucher will be given for a future class.
- Payments are due at least one week prior to class date or class spot will be forfeited.
- Students will need to bring a lunch and drink both days.
- Students should dress comfortably and appropriately to be able to move around.
- Closed-toe shoes are required (tennis shoes recommended).
- Students are also encouraged to bring a jacket as the room can get cold.