Safe Sitter® prepares students in grades 6-8 (for school year 2023-2024) to be safe when they’re home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Students learn life-saving skills such as how to rescue someone who’s choking, and helpful information like what to do if there’s severe weather. The lessons are filled with fun activities and role-playing exercises. Students even get to use CPR manikins to practice choking rescue and CPR. Learn more.
- Classes are held in the Medical Plaza Community Room (located next to the hospital)
- Each class is two days 8:30am-3:30pm (both days are required)
- Cost of Class = $50 (exact cash or check written to St. James Parish Hospital). No refunds. In the event a student cannot attend, a voucher will be given for a future class.
- Payments are due at least one week prior to class date or class spot will be forfeited.
- Students will need to bring a lunch and drink both days.
- Students should dress comfortably and appropriately to be able to move around.
- Closed-toe shoes are required (tennis shoes recommended).
- Students are also encouraged to bring a jacket as the room can get cold.
RSVP - Registration form is on the Day 1 Calendar Listing
Space is limited. Upon registering, our team will contact you to share more information on required forms and payment. Students must attend both days of the class to complete the course.