The Silent Sight Killer
Glaucoma is the leading cause of preventable blindness. Regular eye exams are extremely important to preserve vision. There are no symptoms of Glaucoma and vision loss due to the condition is permanent. As much as 40 percent of vision can be lost without a person noticing.
Currently, more than 2.7 million people in the United States over age 40 have glaucoma. The National Eye Institute projects this number to reach 4.2 million by 2030—a startling 58 percent increase.
To learn more about this disease, visit www.glaucoma.org.
- Peripheral Artery Disease Awareness (PAD)
- Wounds Must be Well-Fed
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer 101
- 5 Tips to Help Prevent Youth Sports Injuries
- Limb Loss Awareness
- Proud to Be Age-Friendly
- COVID Testing Explained
- The WHAT, HOW, WHO and WHY of Antibody Testing By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- #TRENDING Immediate Care Clinics – By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- Seniors and the Silent Killer – By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO