Certified Nursing Assistant« Return
St. James Parish Hospital is now seeking a full-time day-shift Certified Nursing Assistant to assist in the basic nursing care needs of patients under the direction of the staff nurses. Candidates must have a current Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Follow instructions issued by the Nurse Manager/Licensed Nursing Staff and perform duties in accordance with hospital policy and State Regulatory Acts.
- Follows Universal Precautions on all patients.
- Maintain a record of observations and care given. Documents information clearly and completely utilizing the EMR.
- Assist with admissions to the unit. Orient family members/responsible parties to the unit; provide hospitality to residents’ families/responsible parties. Maintain a safe, secure, comfortable environment for every resident.
- Maintain an organized, neat well-stocked unit.
- Participate in and receive report daily at start of shift. Plan and organize work assignment; prioritize the specific needs of residents.
- Measure and report vital signs: temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure, pulse oximetry.
- Weigh residents as ordered and record. Measure and record intake and output.
- Perform personal care which includes bath, perineal care, assisting to bathroom or bedpan or bedside commode, changing linens. Provide care that minimizes the risk of skin breakdown by being attentive to the resident’s hygiene, proper positioning and injury prevention. Observe and report the presence of skin breakdown to nursing staff.
- Properly and safely lift, move, transfer and position residents in bed, wheelchairs and while using other equipment. Perform ROM exercises as directed.
- Communicate any changes from norm, or “unusual” observations to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Safely feed or assist patients as ordered with meals or snacks, following prescribed feeding protocols. Record patient’s intake and report any changes. Provide ice/water to patient’s and refill twice a shift.
Requirements:Current BLS and CPI certification
Physical and emotional stamina
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certified Nursing Assistant through the State of Louisiana
Shift:11am-11pm (12 hour shifts)
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org