ER Registered Nurse
The Staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process, the therapeutic environment, treatment and modalities and interdisciplinary collaboration. The RN is held accountable by the shift-charge nurse to policy and procedures, job description and standards of performance.
- Performs routine physical/psychosocial assessment to collect basic data: follows the written plan of care, standards, practice guidelines, and utilizes pathways.
- Recognizes abnormal assessment data and incorporates findings into the plan of care: validates and revises expected outcomes based on assessment.
- Ability to implement physician orders and to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and performs patient care activities to include procedures, therapies, tests and patient education to achieve the desired outcomes. Evaluates and documents effectiveness of treatments.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Knowledge of medication and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family, including age, and physical disabilities. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all documentation, and with all coworkers, patients, visitors, and physicians.
- Demonstrates ability to carry out skills as outlined in skill/orientation checklist and competency assessment.
- Initiates discharge planning and the discharge process using appropriate forms, including medication reconciliation, patient education documents, with involvement of family members as necessary, with proper documentation.
- Accurately documents all aspects of patient care per documentation standards. Ability to operate all computer systems in the department. (Cerner, Zebra Handheld Devices and Omnicell).
Requirements & Skills:
- Registered Nurse License through State Board of Louisiana
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CPI certification (as per department requirements)
- Recent appropriate nursing practice (within past 4 years) or completion of special on the job training program
- Physical/emotional stamina
- Communication/writing skills
- Interpersonal skills
Registered Nurse License through State Board of Louisiana
Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CPI certification (as per department requirements)
Recent appropriate nursing practice (within past 4 years) or completion of special on the job training program
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and Registered Nurse license through the State Board of Louisiana
||12-Hour Night Shifts
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org