ER Tech« Return
An Emergency Room Technician is a member of the health team that provides personal care and designated health-related services to maintain the patient’s physical and emotional wellbeing under a professional member of the health team and in accordance with the policies and procedures of St. James Parish Hospital.
- Follows instructions issued by the Emergency Department (ED) Doctor and ED Nurses.
- Independently performs assigned duties.
- Follows universal precautions on all patients. Utilizes and understands sterile technique.
- Notify ED physician or ED Nurse of signs and symptoms that require immediate intervention or changes in vital signs.
- Maintains a record of observations and care given. Documents information clearly and completely utilizing the Emergency Medical Record (EMR).
- Ensures that the ED unit is adequately stocked with supplies needed by the ED unit.
- Ensures that the charges are recorded promptly and accurately.
- Recognize age level standards of care and act accordingly.
- Maintain safety of patients of all ages.
- Maintain privacy for all patients.
- Keep workplace clean. Dispose and sanitize ER equipment after use and make sure that all rooms in the ER are patient ready.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi task and prioritize the work to meet the needs of the department within the established time frame while experiencing frequent interruptions.
- Assist the ED physicians with physical exams and lacerations.
- Obtain and label specimens, perform wound care and document all procedures in the EMR.
- Assist in code situations
Requirements:Current BLS and CPI certification
Physical and emotional stamina
Medical Assistant, Patient Care Technician or Surgical Technologist
Shift:Night Shift; 8-hour shifts
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org