ER Registered Nurse« Return
Full-time, part-time and PRN positions are available in our Emergency Department.
The Staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process, the therapeutic environment, treatment and modalities and interdisciplinary collaboration. The RN is held accountable by the shift-charge nurse to policy and procedures, job description and standards of performance.
- Perform routine physical/psychosocial assessment to collect basic data
- Follow the written plan of care, standards, practice guidelines, and utilizes pathways
- Recognize abnormal assessment data and incorporate findings into the plan of care
- Validate and revise expected outcomes based on assessment
- Implement physician orders and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group
- Organize, prioritize and perform patient care activities to include procedures, therapies, tests and patient education to achieve the desired outcomes
- Evaluate and document effectiveness of treatments
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
- Knowledge of medication and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition
- Identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family, including age, and physical disabilities
- Function as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers
- Communicate in an effective and efficient manner within documentation and with all coworkers, patients, visitors and physicians
- Demonstrate ability to carry out skills as outlined in skill/orientation checklist and competency assessment
- Initiate discharge planning and the discharge process using appropriate forms and proper documentation including medication reconciliation and patient education documents with involvement of family members as necessary
- Accurately document all aspects of patient care per documentation standards
- Operate all computer systems in the department (Cerner, Zebra Handheld Devices and Omnicell)
Class:Full-time, part-time and PRN positions available.
Requirements:Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CPI certification (as per department requirements)
Strong communication skills
Recent nursing experience or completion of special on-the-job training program
Graduated from an accredited School of Nursing
Registered Nurse License through State Board of Louisiana
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org