Foundation and Community Relations Director« Return
The Foundation and Community Relations Director is responsible for specific goals, activities and outcomes related to fundraising, donor cultivation and recognition, volunteer management, data capture and reporting and other duties assigned in support of the campaigns and initiatives adopted by the St. James Hospital Wellness Foundation Board of Directors.
The director manages the daily operational activities of the foundation and is responsible for the oversight and accuracy in processing all gifts to the foundation in compliance with best practices and audit standards for control of donations received. He/she must update and maintain contact, gift and other data regarding constituents in a chosen CRM database/spreadsheet.
He/she supports the foundation’s overall fundraising initiatives and is responsible for specific objectives, coordinating activities and outcomes related to donor recognition, stewardship and moves management.
The director is responsible for overseeing disbursement of internal requests for foundation funds under the direction of the foundation board, for consistently implementing donor recognition policies and stewardship and foundation billing as necessary as well as coordinating, cultivating and supporting all efforts for personalized stewardship efforts for the foundation.
The director is responsible for developing and implementing hospital community outreach programs, assessing community/business needs and creating, coordinating and participating in programs that promote health and wellness as well as building and maintaining relationships with individuals, business/industry and other health care providers to support the growth of hospital services.
- Work with foundation board to develop, coordinate and manage the overall internal operations of the St. James Hospital Wellness Foundation
- Manage the obligations of a 501 (c) 3 organization in terms of financial audits, tax returns and donor wishes, all in cooperation with legal counsel and certified public accountants
- Oversee database administration for all constituents, accurately track gifts, pledges, campaigns, funds and appeals through the software
- Ensure timely production of monthly donation reports, invoices and pledge reports through software
- Ensure acknowledgment of donations, receipt of funds and/or pledges timely
- Maintain consistent recognition of donors by using standards and guidelines and positively keep and promote stewardship through these efforts to include creating and monitoring communications/ announcements, public donor lists, wall plaques, specialty items and special events relating to recognition
- Coordinate the activities and functions of meetings of the foundation to include agendas and notices according to established timelines
- Attend all meetings of the foundation, its Board of Directors, committees and sub-committees providing reports, documentation, minutes per policies and bylaws of the Board of Directors
- Assist in building community leader knowledge about the business of healthcare, the challenges faced and the goals of our organization
- Work with departments to coordinate community facing events such as grand openings, open houses, health fairs, community forums, etc.
- Develop a volunteer initiative to involve employees in community projects/volunteer opportunities to demonstrate organizational commitment
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure consistent brand, messaging and support of strategic marketing plans
- Work in partnership with marketing to drive content creation for community messaging
- Grow patient census by consistently exploring the development of new referral sources and potential referral sources, maintain and manage existing accounts, identify referral source needs and deliver services to meet those needs
- Coordinate program-focused workshops, training programs and seminars as needed
- Assist with the development of materials and activities promoting the hospital
- Analyze referral trends and admissions data in an effort to develop marketing strategies
- Other duties as assigned
2 - 5 years of experience in nonprofit administration, development or health care environment
Administrative skills necessary to prioritize workload
Ability to organize, manage and execute multiple projects simultaneously, displaying effective time management
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to conduct meetings and provide direct assistance to donors and board members
Project management skills to direct and control special initiatives
Cognitive management skills to manage and lead a hospital foundation while working closely with hospital staff and leadership as appropriate
Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with, support and motivate staff and volunteers in a positive manner with a knowledge of the local community
Ability to make decisions to address spontaneous issues and resolve problems
Must have ability to build and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
Ability to analyze and understand financial, budget and database information and communicate effectively regarding such
Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Nonprofits, Communications, Marketing, Business, Healthcare or a related discipline
Shift:Monday-Friday and evening/weekend meetings or events as needed
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org