Medical Lab Technician« Return
St. James Parish Hospital is now hiring a Night-Shift Medical Lab Technician to join our team. The Medical Lab Technician is responsible for performing chemical, hematology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, and blood bank analysis in a timely and accurate manner according to established hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Order lab test accurately in the LIS computer system
- Receive lab samples in the computer system for processing
- Process and analyze lab samples appropriately for each lab department
- Ensures quality lab testing and instrument performance
- Adhere to regulatory compliance guidelines
- Maintain competency requirements
- Collect drug screens using correct form and generate correct charge
- Label and handle lab specimens properly
- Perform venipuncture to obtain blood sample using appropriate type of equipment to adjust to patient age
- Use two identifiers to identify patient when collecting samples
- Keep phlebotomy area well stocked with supplies
- Monitor inventory and orders supplies from Materials Management
- Answers all phone calls using proper phone courtesy
- Maintain an organized and clean working area
- Research and resolve problems with lab samples and test reports by looking up patient results in the computer system and fax to proper personnel
- Support departmental goals and objectives
- Other related duties as assigned
Requirements:Eligible for employment upon graduation
Certified as a Medical Laboratory Technician
Current Louisiana State License as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Technician
Current BLS certification
Associate’s Degree from an accredited school in Medical Technology
Shift:Night (Schedule Varies)
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org