Therapy Tech« Return
The Therapy Technician shall be responsible for assistance with the transport of patients to and from therapy and other activities, assistance in maintaining treatment areas and conducting clerical tasks in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with professional practices and ethical standards (works with direction, guidance, and direct or “line of sight observation” by a licensed therapist).
The Therapy Technician shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Complete treatment set-up/preparation
- Carry out activities as directed by the therapist and in accordance with the most stringent of either state or payer guidelines
- Review therapy schedule, plan and provide appropriate patient transportation as needed
- Assist with routine, standardized exercises related to strength and endurance as directed by the therapist
- Assist with transfers, standing activities, observation of patient during care when the patient requires additional support
- Clean equipment thoroughly as scheduled and help ensure equipment area is kept in an organized fashion
Requirements:Experience in working in a healthcare setting with adult/geriatric population and/or serving those with physical disabilities (preferred)
Current BLS Certification
High School Diploma or Equivalent
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org