St. James Parish Hospital is now hiring a PRN Phlebotomist to join our team. The Phlebotomist is responsible for reviewing lab orders and entering lab orders into the computer system accurately and performing collection of blood and urine samples from patients.
- Orders lab test accurately in the computer system
- Receives lab samples in the computer system for processing
- Distributes lab samples to the appropriate lab area
- Collect drug screens using correct form and generate correct charge
- Label and handle lab specimens properly
- Perform venipuncture to obtain blood sample using appropriate type of equipment to adjust to patient age
- Use two identifiers to identify patient when collecting samples
- Perform off-site venipuncture collections
- Keep phlebotomy area well stocked with supplies
- Monitor inventory and orders supplies from Materials Management
- Use proper phone courtesy during every phone call
- Maintain an organized and clean working area
- Research and resolve problems with lab samples and test reports by looking up patients in the computer system and fax to proper personnel
- Support departmental goals and objectives
- Other related duties as assigned
Requirements:New grads welcome, 6 months’ experience (preferred)
Certified as a Phlebotomist (preferred)
Current BLS certification
High School Diploma or equivalent
Certificate of the completion of a certified Phlebotomy course (preferred)
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org