Physical Therapist (FT, PT, PRN)« Return
St. James Parish Hospital is now hiring a full-time, part-time and PRN Physical Therapists (PT) to provide a full range of Physical Therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The Physical Therapist should also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem-solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible, interdisciplinary fashion.
Who is an ideal candidate for this position?
The ideal candidate is growth oriented and is passionate about serving the local community. You are able to connect with people across diverse backgrounds and communicate effectively. Our ideal team member takes initiative to bring new ideas to the department and develop solutions for process improvement.
What is a typical day like in this role?
If you’ve worked in a hospital environment before, you know that each day is unique and challenging. Our interdisciplinary team collaborates daily to develop patient care plans and balance the patient workload. Our team members also have the opportunity to actively support hospital and clinic physicians by working together to address specific patient needs.
What to expect in the first 60 – 90 days?
In the first few months, you will complete hospital and department orientation and partner with a fellow team member to get acclimated to our unique culture and environment. You will spend time learning our EMR system and complete online learning journeys.
Therapy Department Information:
We are continually working to provide the latest quality services to our patients. As a department of the hospital, we have a unique ability to keep up with therapy trends, new technology, and the latest treatment techniques. We offer continuing education opportunities and development tools with a desire to add unique services to our offerings. We offer flexible scheduling, competitive compensation packages, and full time employees may be eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness programs.
- Completes screening on patients as clinically necessary
- Patient evaluation is completed following receipt of physician’s order, per policy and procedure
- Contributes to ID care plans and appropriate setting specific evaluations
- Develops and implements an evidence-based, comprehensive treatment plans based on the results of the individual evaluation
- Evaluates patient response to treatment and provides feedback to the interdisciplinary team
- Documents the course of patient care, including progress made and continuing need for treatment
- Discharge summaries and applicable supporting documentation completed according to policy and procedure
- Provides patient and family/caregiver education and training that assists with continued functional independence
- Participates in interdisciplinary care conference meetings, as directed, and provides/seeks input to and from others on patient care team
Class:Full-Time, Part-Time and PRN Positions Available
Requirements:Current License to Practice
New Grads Welcome
1-3 years experience (preferred)
Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from a Physical Therapy Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org