Medical Assistant« Return
As directed by the Physician, the Medical Assistant is responsible for rendering clinical assistance to patients within the medical practice and for maintaining quality patient care in accordance with the policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Escorts patients to the examination room; prepare patients for examination by interviewing the patient, obtaining and documenting vital signs, and other data
- Assists the Physician with treatments and procedures as requested by the Physician. Monitors the patient during and following procedures
- Responds to and assists in emergencies as per policy
- Exercises care in operation and use and cleaning of equipment and supplies to ensure the continued functioning of equipment and supplies
- Maintains inventory by ordering supplies as needed
- Checks supply for expirations and out-dates and discards as appropriate
- Maintains a safe work area in a clean and organized manner.
- Obtains pre-certs and insurance authorization for medications and diagnostic tests as ordered by the Physician
- Collaborates with the Physicians and clinic staff to provide comprehensive health care to the patient and reinforces Physician instructions to enhance patient education
- Performs laboratory waived testing and other procedures as ordered by the Physician
- Prepares, administers, and documents medications as ordered by the Physician
- Follow HIPAA regulations, Joint Commission standards, other regulatory and compliance rules and regulations, and hospital policies and procedures
Requirements:Current BLS Certification
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program (preferred)
Shift:Monday - Friday 8-hour shifts (as needed)
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org