Acute Care Registered Nurse« Return
St. James Parish Hospital is now hiring a PRN Registered Nurse (RN) for our Acute Care Unit.
The Staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process, the therapeutic environment, treatment and modalities and interdisciplinary collaboration. The RN is held accountable by the shift-charge nurse to policy and procedures, job description and standards of performance.
- Performs routine physical/psychosocial assessment to collect basic data: follows the written plan of care, standards, practice guidelines, and utilizes pathways.
- Recognizes abnormal assessment data and incorporates findings into the plan of care: validates and revises expected outcomes based on assessment.
- Ability to implement physician orders and to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and performs patient care activities to include procedures, therapies, tests and patient education to achieve the desired outcomes. Evaluates and documents effectiveness of treatments.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Knowledge of medication and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and family, including age, and physical disabilities. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all documentation, and with all coworkers, patients, visitors, and physicians.
- Demonstrates ability to carry out skills as outlined in skill/orientation checklist and competency assessment.
- Initiates discharge planning and the discharge process using appropriate forms, including medication reconciliation, patient education documents, with involvement of family members as necessary, with proper documentation.
- Accurately documents all aspects of patient care per documentation standards. Ability to operate all computer systems in the department. (Cerner, Zebra Handheld Devices and Omnicell).
Positions Available:Registered Nurse
Requirements:Registered Nurse License through State Board of Louisiana
Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CPI certification (as per department requirements)
Recent appropriate nursing practice (within past 4 years) or completion of special on the job training program
Graduated from an accredited school of nursing and Registered Nurse license through the State Board of Louisiana
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org