Speech Language Pathologist« Return
The Speech Language Pathologist will be responsible for providing a full range of speech pathology services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards.
Candidates should also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem-solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Completes screening on patients as clinically necessary
- Patient evaluation is completed following receipt of physician’s order, per policy and procedure. Appropriate documentation form/system is used to record evaluation results.
- Short- and long-term goals are written objectively and are measurable. Time frame for goal achievement is documented. Interventions are selected based on evaluation results and are appropriate for age of the patient.
- Interventions are selected and applied to support the interdisciplinary care plan as evidenced by goal achievement.
- Develops and implements an evidence-based, comprehensive treatment plan based on the results of the individual evaluation
- The interdisciplinary care plan is updated as needed, based on patient response.
- Information is provided to patient and family/caregiver regarding current status, program progression and potential discharge plans.
- Patient progress is documented as required by applicable policies and procedures and state guidelines. Discharge summaries and applicable supporting documentation are completed according to policy and procedure.
- Provides patient and family/caregiver education and training that assists with continued functional dependence.
Provides clinical oversight, in accordance with ASHA, state practice acts of SLP students and Clinical Fellows, including supervision, communication, competency requirements, and supportive documentation.
Requirements:ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence is highly recommended
Current license to practice
One to three years experience working as an SLP with patients/residents/clients in a related setting preferred
Current BLS certification
Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders (SLP) from an accredited University
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Who is an ideal candidate for this position?
The ideal candidate is growth oriented and is passionate about serving the local community. You are able to connect with people across diverse backgrounds and communicate effectively. Our ideal team member takes initiative to bring new ideas to the department and develop solutions for process improvement.
What is a typical day like in this role?
If you’ve worked in a hospital environment before, you know that each day is unique and challenging. Our interdisciplinary team collaborates daily to develop patient care plans and balance the patient workload. Our team members also have the opportunity to actively support hospital and clinic physicians by working together to address specific patient needs.
What to expect in the first 60 – 90 days?
In the first few months, you will complete hospital and department orientation and partner with a fellow team member to get acclimated to our unique culture and environment. You will spend time learning our EMR system and complete online learning journeys.
Therapy Department Information:
We are continually working to provide the latest quality services to our patients. As a department of the hospital, we have a unique ability to keep up with therapy trends, new technology, and the latest treatment techniques. We offer continuing education opportunities and development tools with a desire to add unique services to our offerings. We offer flexible scheduling, competitive compensation packages, and full time employees may be eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness programs.
About St. James Parish Hospital:
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org