Therapy Tech« Return
The Therapy Technician is responsible for providing transport of patients to and from therapy and other activities, assistance in maintaining treatment areas and conducting clerical tasks in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with professional practices and ethical standards (works with direction, guidance and direct or “line of sight observation” by the licensed therapist).
The Therapy Technician will also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Review therapy schedule, plan and provide appropriate patient transportation
- Treatment setup/preparation and conclusion activities are carried out as directed by the therapist and in accordance with the most stringent of either state or payer guidelines.
- Assist with routine, standardized exercises related to strength and endurance as directed by the therapist
- Assists with transfers, standing activities, observation of patient during care when the patient requires additional support
- Ensure equipment is cleaned thoroughly as scheduled and equipment area is kept in an organized fashion
Requirements:Experience in working in a healthcare setting with adult/geriatric population and/or serving people with physical disabilities (preferred)
Current BLS Certification
High School Diploma (or equivalent)
You will be directed to St. James Parish Hospital’s Workforce Management System to complete your application. Click the appropriate link below.
Click Here to select the relevant job opening, create a new account and apply online.
Click Here to log in to UKG, click the My Career icon, then click Apply for Job
Thank you for your interest in joining our hospital family. St. James Parish Hospital is centrally located directly between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. Our beautiful facility is a community hospital that serves the River Parishes—known for great food, big families, and a vibrant history. We invite you to learn more about our hospital, family-like culture, and amazing benefits. Follow us on Facebook to stay connected and learn about future career opportunities.
If you need further information, please contact us at HR@sjph.org