The Challenge to Get Moving – By: Kassie Roussel, Director of Marketing
“Exercise is medicine” is not simply a saying, but actually backed by scientific research.
St. James Parish Hospital is once again partnering to sponsor the Run St. James Challenge which challenges our entire community to get moving. Whether you can run or walk, accepting the challenge not only supports other community organizations but can also add years to your life.
For the last six years, the hospital has partnered with Chad Weidert and his wife Susan, founders of River Parish Running, to sponsor the Run St. James Challenge in an effort to encourage community kids to get up and get active. This year, we are expanding the initiative to award anyone who meets the challenge. St. James Parish Hospital is proud to help join people together through a focus on fitness. To learn more about the runners club or find out about local practice runs, “like” River Parish Runners on Facebook.
Community members who meet the challenge—completing at least three of four races—will be invited to a special medal presentation at the hospital after the final race in December.
A Continued Focus on Wellness
Health care to St. James Parish Hospital extends far beyond healing the sick. While we are here to offer compassionate care to cure, we want to also help you live a longer, healthier, happier life by supporting initiatives that promote wellness. We do this through the support of community programs such as the run challenge and by hosting health and wellness events. Check the local papers, “like” the hospital on Facebook and visit our online calendar to learn more about the many ways we are focusing on wellness.
- Limb Loss Awareness By: St. James Parish Hospital
- Proud to Be Age-Friendly By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- COVID Testing Explained By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- The WHAT, HOW, WHO and WHY of Antibody Testing By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- #TRENDING Immediate Care Clinics – By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- Seniors and the Silent Killer – By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- Consumerism Meets Healthcare – By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- A Breathtaking Season – By: Kassie Roussel, Director of Marketing
- Clearing Up Price Transparency – By: Mary Ellen Pratt, FACHE, CEO
- The Challenge to Get Moving – By: Kassie Roussel, Director of Marketing