What is a Patient Portal?
Patient Portals are online health management tools that offer patients 24/7, convenient access to their personal health information, improve communication between patients and providers and streamline processes.
St. James Parish Hospital, ER and clinics offer a secure web-based Patient Portal through Cerner Health.
New Cerner Patient Portal
Our upgraded EHR solution utilizes one platform for all patient records. This means that whether you are seen in our ER, have a wellness visit at a clinic or come in for an x-ray, all of your information is housed in one system which you will access through one patient portal.
ONE patient—ONE record—ONE portal
- Patients will be invited to sign up for our new patient portal during registration. Once your email is provided, you will receive an email to create your portal account from St. James Parish Hospital – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your junk email folder for the invitation if you do not see it.
- Once enrolled, you can visit sjph.iqhealth.com to log in to view test results, book appointments (in-person and virtual visits), message clinic staff, request refills and pay bills.
- Your patient portal is also accessible via Cerner’s HealtheLife app. Simply download the app and log in using your username and password.
- Patients of Poche Medical Clinic, Lutcher Family Clinic, St. James West Bank Clinic and St. James Urology Clinic can book appointments through the portal. Simply log in and click “Schedule an Appointment.” Choose the type of visit (“established” means you have seen a provider before) and from here, view openings and choose an option.
- Patients can also pay bills for hospital services on or after August 23rd through the new portal using the access code found on billing statements. To pay a bill without logging in to the portal, visit sjph.paymyhealthbill.com.
- To request a prescription refill using the portal, select “Health Record” then “Medications.”
- Patients will also have the option in the future to integrate health information from the Patient Portal into their Apple or Android Health App.
Bills Prior to August 23rd
Before our new Cerner System, patients received separate bills for hospital and clinic services. Moving forward charges will be available through one system and patients will receive one statement. To pay outstanding bills from August 22nd and earlier, contact us at 225.869.5512, option 6.