What is a Patient Portal?
Patient Portals are online health management tools that offer patients 24/7, convenient access to their personal health information, improve communication between patients and providers and streamline processes.
New Cerner Patient Portal
St. James Parish Hospital, ER and clinics offer a secure web-based Patient Portal through Cerner Health. Our upgraded EHR solution utilizes one platform for all patient records. This means that whether you are seen in our ER, have a wellness visit at a clinic or come in for an x-ray, all of your information is housed in one system which you will access through one patient portal.
ONE patient—ONE record—ONE portal
- Patients will be invited to sign up for our new patient portal during registration. Once your email is provided, you will receive an email to create your portal account from St. James Parish Hospital – email@example.com. Please check your junk email folder for the invitation if you do not see it.
- If you recently visited one of our clinics or departments, but did not receive an invitation or if your invitation expired, click here to self-enroll. (If you have not been registered in our new system, you will not have the option to self-enroll until the next time you come in for an appointment.)
- Once enrolled, you can visit sjph.iqhealth.com to log in to view test results, book appointments (in-person and virtual visits), message clinic staff, request refills and pay bills.
- Your patient portal is also accessible via Cerner’s HealtheLife app. Simply download the app and log in using your username and password.
- Patients of Poche Medical Clinic, Lutcher Family Clinic, St. James West Bank Clinic and St. James Urology Clinic can book appointments through the portal. Simply log in and click “Schedule an Appointment.” Choose the type of visit (“established” means you have seen a provider before) and from here, view openings and choose an option.
- Patients can also pay bills for hospital services on or after August 23rd through the new portal using the access code found on billing statements. To pay a bill without logging in to the portal, visit sjph.paymyhealthbill.com or snap a photo of the QHR on your billing statement.
- To request a prescription refill using the portal, select “Health Record” then “Medications.”
- Patients will also have the option in the future to integrate health information from the Patient Portal into their Apple or Android Health App.
Before our new Cerner System, patients received separate bills for hospital and clinic services. Charges for hospital services will now be included on one statement.
To hospital and/or clinic pay bills on or after August 23rd, you can visit your portal or Click Here to access the quick pay site. You will need your statement to pay online. Simply fill in the bill recipient’s name, date-of-birth and the access code that can be found on page 2 of your statement under the account number on each listing.
To pay outstanding bills from August 22nd and earlier, contact us at 225.869.5512, option 6.
Bills from contracted providers will come directly from the provider or associated physician group.