Heart Health Fair 2023« Return
Walk-Ins Welcome Between 3pm and 7pm
Join us on Thursday, October 12, anytime between 3pm and 7pm for a free Heart Health Fair in partnership with Baton Rouge Cardiology Center (BRCC).
Baton Rouge Cardiology Center will discuss how to reduce your risk of heart disease and provide heart health risk assessments and EKG screenings. Cardiologists Dr. Benjamin Kilpatrick and Dr. Steven Malosky will be here to review the results and offer recommendations to participants.
St. James Parish Hospital will offer education and free screenings. Demonstrations will start at 3:30pm and repeat once every 30 minutes to allow attendees to participate at their convenience.
Heart Health Fair Activities:
- Risk assessments
- EKG, BMI, blood pressure and cholesterol screenings
- Result-review with a cardiologist (Dr. Kilpatrick or Dr. Malosky)
- Hands-only CPR class (every 1⁄2 hour)
- PAD (peripheral arterial disease) education
- Heart healthy cooking demo (every 1⁄2 hour)
- Cardiology service education
- Exercise tips
- Door prizes
- Heart smart snacks
- Patient portal help desk