Hurricane Ida Updates« Return
We appreciate your support and patience as we worked to restore services in the aftermath of Hurricane Ida. St. James Parish Hospital is now back to normal operations.
Family Practice Clinics
- Poche Medical Clinic, Lutcher Family Clinic and St. James West Bank Clinic are all open. Patients can call the clinics or use the new patient portal to schedule appointments.
- St. James West Bank Clinic is open in Vacherie. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott or Frannie Waguespack, call 225.265.3013.
- Dr. Vellanki and staff are now seeing patients at their clinic in Gramercy.
- St. James Urgent Care is open from 8am-8pm Monday through Friday and 9am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Most clinics have resumed normal hours. Click here for a clinic listing with phone numbers for scheduling appointments.
- St. James Parish Therapy Center is open for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Services.
- Call 225.258.5934 to schedule an appointment.
- Our Surgery Department is now open and surgeries have resumed.
- Starting September 15th, Walk-in COVID-19 Vaccines (1st and 2nd doses) will be offered through Urgent Care.
- Patients can walk-in Monday through Friday between 8am and 8pm or on weekends between 9am and 5pm. We are currently offering the Pfizer vaccine.
- If you received the 1st dose of the Pfizer vaccine and cannot receive your second dose at the same facility due to storm damage or closures, we can administer your second dose.
Local Pharmacies & Emergency Assistance
- Gem Drugs (Gramercy) – Open 9am-6pm weekdays & 9am-2pm Saturdays
- Winn Dixie (Gramercy) – Open 8am-7pm weekdays, 9am-5pm Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm (Lunch from 1:30pm-2pm)
- Tompkins (Lutcher) – Open 9am – 2pm weekdays
- West St. James Pharmacy (Vacherie) – Open 9am-4pm weekdays & 9am-12pm Saturdays
St. James Parish residents without prescription insurance have been approved for the Emergency Prescription Assistance Program as a result of Hurricane Ida. Residents meeting this criteria must enroll by calling 1.855.793.7470. Learn more about the EPAP.