Lutcher Family Clinic – 225.869.9890« Return
Schedule an appointment in Lutcher.
St. James Parish Hospital Family Practice Clinic
(Inside the Medical Plaza next to St. James Parish Hospital in Lutcher.)
Dr. Cullen Ocmond, Dr. Dylan Poche, Dr. Jerry Poche, Dr. Randall Poche and Denise Louque, Family Nurse Practitioner, offer primary care services to children and adults in Lutcher. Physician schedules vary.
Patients with access to our new Patient Portal can also schedule appointments through the portal.
PHONE 225.869.9890 or 225.869.3493
ADDRESS 1645 Lutcher Avenue, Lutcher, LA
LOCATION Medical Plaza (Suite 1400)
CLINIC HOURS Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
St. James Parish Hospital proudly offers primary care services in Lutcher and Vacherie.
Our Primary Care Providers—physicians and family nurse practitioners—develop long-term relationships with you to help you manage your health overtime. Typically, these providers will have the most up-to-date information about your health and lifestyle in addition to your medical history.
Primary Care providers care for you when you are sick but also monitor changes in your health overtime in order to recommend certain treatments and lifestyle modifications. In addition, your primary care provider will ensure you are doing what is necessary to stay healthy.
Primary Care with hospital support.
Our primary care clinics in Lutcher and Vacherie are Departments of St. James Parish Hospital. As employees of our hospital, our primary care providers offer patients seamless access to outpatient diagnostics, imaging, therapy and on-site specialists as needed. Our primary care patients also have access to a Patient Portal which offers online appointment booking, test results and refill requests.
What can a primary care provider do during appointments and checkups?
- Treat common health problems such as infections, illnesses and skin rashes
- Help guide you through lifestyle changes aimed at preventing disease such as dietary changes, managing stress and quitting smoking)
- Make sure your vaccines are up–to-date to prevent illnesses such as the flu
- Suggest screenings such as a mammogram or colonoscopy so that potential issues can be addressed early on
- Help you manage chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Refer you to specialists as needs arise such as a cardiologist, urologist or orthopedic surgeon
- Primary Illnesses
- Joint Injections
- Simple Dermatological Procedures
- Pap Smears
- Flu Vaccines